Take Notes and listen to incoming messages with your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road!
…driving in busy traffic with an incoming phone call. Suddenly you need to take a note during the conversation or check an incoming SMS or e-mail, while still keeping your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
With HF-Memo, you can record any important details of your calls, dictate useful points that come to mind or listen to any incoming SMS & email – all this while driving, with just one press of a button.
HF-Memo is an easy-to-use text to speech Android app for drivers, with a Bluetooth remote controller that makes things as easy as they can get.
Now available: natural voices for reading aloud your SMS and e-mail in in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, Polish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
Increase your productivity on the road and BUY HF-Memo for your Android smartphone!
HF-Memo is an easy-to-use mobile phone application for drivers, to handle voice and text data in the car. It is equipped with a Bluetooth remote controller for convenient access. Easily record parts of phone calls or your own dictation, or let your phone speak any incoming SMS & emails aloud instead of reading them yourself, with just one press of a button!
- Only two switches on the remote controller, it’s easy to use: record and play voice files or listen to SMS & emails spoken aloud. It’s easy to use, with only two switches on the remote controller, preferably attached to the steering wheel with an extra accessory: shift between modes, record and play voice files or listen to SMS & emails spoken aloud. (WhatsApp soon available.)
- Use HF-Memo with any wired or A2DP compatible bluetooth handsfree equipment to get the best out of it.
- Your phone runs the application in the background. Since you operate it via the remote controller, using HF-Memo doesn’t interfere with your regular phone actions. Dial a phone number while hearing it from a recording!
- The recordings are stored as normal audio files that can be sent as MMS messages or transferred to your computer. HF-Memo uses your phone’s internal memory or memory card for the recordings, so the recording capacity depends on the amount of memory installed to the phone.
- The remote controller can be charged with your phone’s charger. No extra gear needed!
- The application software comes on a standard 1 GB microSD memory card for easy installation on the phone.
- Currently supported text-to-speech languages: languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, Polish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
This application is compatible from Android version 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and upward.
Recording parts of calls:
Note: Not all Android phones support the two-way call recording feature. If your phone only supports recording your own voice, just repeat what you’ve heard and you’ll also make sure you heard it right.
Bluetooth: pairing the phone and HF-Memo remote controller for the first time
- Switch on the remote controller by pressing either of the two buttons. The blue led starts to blink.
- Using your phone’s bluetooth control panel (typically under something like Settings > Wireless and Networks > Bluetooth), find the device “HF-Memo” and start pairing. See your phone’s user manual for further information about pairing bluetooth devices.
- Once the phone discovers the HF-Memo controller, you are asked for a password. Enter “123456”. The pairing is ready.
- We recommend that you use the phone’s bluetooth control panel to select automatic connections to the “HF-Memo” device.
Installing the application software
- Insert the microSD memory card in your phone’s memory card slot.
- The application asks for a license code. You’ll find your code attached to your sales package. You must also read and accept the usage terms.
- In the beginning, your phone requests you to accept applications from unknown sources. After your approval, proceed as requested by the installation software. When the installation is complete, the HF-Memo icon appears on the phone’s applications list.
- Start the HF-Memo application. Open the Settings menu and change the default settings where appropriate.
- In order to use the text-to-speech feature, you must enter your e-mail address, password and incoming server of your mailbox in the appropriate fields and save them. Note: While typing, please check that “predictive text mode” is NOT ON.
POWER ON / OFF
- To switch on the power, hold down either of the two buttons (REC or PLAY) until the led becomes active. If this takes time or you’ll see the text “unable to connect”, you can connect manually by opening the Settings menu and selecting “Connect a device” and then “HF-Memo”.
- The device is ready for use when the blinking of the blue led turns slow.
- To switch off the power, hold down the REC button until the blue led stops blinking. The power is also automatically switched off when the bluetooth connection is cut off (distance between the phone and the controller is > 10 m).
You can use the remote controller in two different modes:
- Text-to-speech mode: listen to your phone read your SMS & e-mail messages aloud
- Audio recording mode: record and listen to voice files
To enter text-to-speech mode, shift between modes by a long press of PLAY button. You’ll hear the “beep” tone and simultaneously see the indicator of the mode available on the phone’s screen. The recording feature is always ON, regardless of the active mode.
Note: in order to enable listening to emails & SMS, you have to configure and save your email settings on the HF-Memo application Setting menu. If you use Gmail, you may be forced to lower your security level – please select the lower level of the two alternatives if needed, in order to use reading aloud your gmails. Google sends you a link to change it after trying to play your gmail at the first time.
- PLAY (yellow button)
- To listen to recorded notes, or messages, click the PLAY button. You’ll hear the newest SMS message. To move to the second newest, see SKIP backward. To listen to an e-mail message, click the PLAY button. You can listen to the SMS or newest email as many times as you like. Stop listening by pressing the REC button. To listen to the previous mail, open the last played email by tapping the header and press the PLAY button etc.
- RECORD (red button)
- To start recording, just click the REC button. To stop recording, click REC again. During recording, the red led of the remote controller blinks. On certain phone models, you also see a REC indicator on the phone’s screen.
(Recording is not available in the text-to-speech mode.)
- SKIP backward
- Click the PLAY button twice to move to the previous message / recording and listen to it. To replay this recording, click PLAY again. To stop playback, click the REC button.
- SHIFT between modes
- Keep the PLAY button pressed down to shift between different modes: notes, SMS or e-mail messages, until you hear the “beep” tone and see the indicator of the mode you want on the phone’s screen. Then just release the button and click the PLAY button again in order to hear the note or text message. To replay the message, click PLAY again. To stop playback, click the REC button.
- You can exit the HF-Memo app by entering the Settings menu and selecting “Quit”.
LOW BATTERY & CHARGING
A slowly blinking red led indicates that the battery level of the remote controller is low. Use your phone’s charger to charge the device.
ORDER YOUR OWN HF-MEMO
NOTE: The product is not yet available but becoming soon. Interested? Please e-mail us your contact information, Android phone model and language you are interested in and we’ll be in touch when the accessory & app is available.
Data is stored by Sendinblue.com. SendinBlue is GDPR compliant
JK Tuote Lanser Oy
A pioneer within mobile phone accessories, JK Tuote Lanser Oy is a product development and marketing company located in Finland. Our product HF-Memo, a cell phone accessory, is the result of research and continuous development based on studies of traffic safety articles at the University of Helsinki, and on feedback from drivers.
HF-Memo provides a recording feature for important voice data and a text-to-speech feature for received text data – all this by two easily operated push-buttons, your eyes all the time on the road.
Our devices are made in Finland by experienced electronics subcontractors.
Tel: +358 9 497 403
Mobile: +358 400 451 338
Käräjäkuja 1 B 55